Dick Whittington – The QMT Panto
Friday 9th December to Saturday 17th December 2022
The Queen Mother Theatre
The Bancroft Players
Following the success of Cinderella in December 2019, the QMT’s first pantomime in many years, we are delighted to have been asked back to direct this year’s panto. Dick Whittington is a tale known and loved by children everywhere, and follows one young man’s attempt to make a better life for himself. Along the way he meets the love of his life, new friends, and of course his wonderful cat. However, the evil King Rat attempts to thwart his plans to make something of himself by framing Dick as the villain of the piece. Will good triumph over evil? Will King Rat end up paying the price for his wrong doings? Will the cast learn the songs and dances (it’s just walking) in time for opening night? Of course they will – this is pantomime!
Scripts available on request – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 5th Sep 2022 at 7:30pm
- Wednesday 7th Sep 2022 at 7:30pm
- Saturday 10th Sep 2022 at 2:00pm
Adults - Monday and Wednesday evenings 7:30pm - 10:00pm from 12th September.
Children - Saturdays 2:30-4:30pm from 17th September
We will also have 2/3 Sunday rehearsals prior to the show
…and full commitment in the week before we go up please!
Written by: Richard & Dee Lovelock
Directed by: Richard & Dee Lovelock
Choreographer: Sarah Albert
Musical Director: Jon Shone
- Saturday 17th December 2022 at 2:30pm
- Saturday 17th December 2022 at 6:30pm
- Dick Whittington
- (M/F) our hero with a heart of gold going to London to seek his fortune. Strong singer.
- Alice Fitzwarren
- (F) the leading female and love interest. Daughter of Alderman Fitzwarren and the apple of his eye. Also the object of Dick’s desires. Strong singer.
- Alderman Fitzwarren
- (M) Wealthy London shopkeeper, Alice’s father.
- King Rat
- (M/F) the baddy – has a song, but more important they can portray the character
- Fairy of the Bells
- (F) has a song, again more about the character
- Idle Jack
- (M/F) – needs good comic timing and rapport with the audience, has a song
- Sarah the cook
- (M) - the Dame.
- Captain McBoatface
- (M/F) – Captain of the Alderman’s ship, half of the comedy duo
- Master Bob
- (M/F) – first mate to the Captain and other half of the comedy duo
- The Cat