The Queen Mother Theatre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Queen Mother Theatre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, contact preferences and interests.
- Bank details to process regular payments for subscriptions
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Basic health data to ensure our active members are cared for in the event of an emergency
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Booking tickets and reservations for events at the theatre
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website and communication we send according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. A majority of the data we collect is safely stored electronically, but there is a need for us to have paper versions of some data, but the processes we have keep this to a minimum and ensure it is stored securely when not needed.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to change the personal information you provided to us by contacting us in one of the following ways:
- Logging into our website and amending the data you gave us in your secure online account
- Writing to us at The Queen Mother Theatre, Walsworth Road, Hitchin SG4 9SP.
- or by contacting us via our contact form.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: The Queen Mother Theatre, Walsworth Road, Hitchin SG4 9SP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Very often The Queen Mother Theatre is used by other organisations to host events, for productions, film nights etc. We work closely with these organisations to ensure our documented policies are understood, but we cannot take any responsibility for personal data collected, used or stored by these organisations.